Wed, 8 April 2015
Feeding your family fresh foods doesn’t have to be expensive. In today’s podcast, you’ll hear lots of real-life tips to keep your shopping simple and on a budget.
Today we discuss:
· How much should a family spend on food each week?
· To coupon or not to coupon. That is the money-saving question.
· Organizing meals to keep weekly plan within a budget.
· Meat. Is it the most expensive thing on the food budget? Ways to save.
· Other than meat, what are other affordable forms of protein?
· Generic of brand name. The quality debate.
· To buy in bulk or not to buy in bulk. If so, what should you buy in bulk and where?
· Spending limits. How to set them and practical ways to stay within budget.
· The stuff that blows the budget. What to avoid.
· Meal plan first or budget first.
· Fresh fruit and veggies can sometimes add up. Tips?
An all-encompassing post on shopping for real food on a budget can be found here.
Budget friendly meal plans for families can be found here.
The items I purchase on amazon can be found here (under pantry).
Direct download: 24_Real_Food_on_a_Budget__Spend_Less_Eat_Better..mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:00am CST